World Walking description
Join World Walking and explore our amazing world as you walk to work, walk with friends or walk to health.
World Walking offers a simple, free and fun way to help you keep active. It’s also your virtual ticket to some of the greatest places on Earth.
World Walking has been designed simply to motivate by putting the fun back in fitness to help you reap the benefits of a healthier, active lifestyle.
There many upshots to getting up and about, like reducing your risk of heart disease and helping you keep to a healthy weight and shape, but exercising a positive attitude and a little spirit of adventure can do wonders too.
If you have the will, World Walking has the perfect virtual walk for you; from taking in the sights of top cities to trekking across a continent. Visit the places you’ve always wanted to see. Packed with facts and photos, the World Walking app allows you look and learn as you explore.
Getting started is as simple as a walk in the park. Just choose your virtual walk, start walking and accumulate your steps to accomplish greater distances than you'd ever imagine.
Be inspired, stay motivated and keep fit.
Take your first step and join World Walking today. It's free and it's easy.
● Everyone’s welcome: Go it alone or create your own group - easily! World Walking is great for your family & friends, workplace, school, community & health group.
● Easy to use: Create your own unique login, or simply use your existing Facebook account.
● Track your progress: Anytime you wish. See what milestones you’ve reached and how many steps you’ve taken. The built in tracker allows you to keep track of how far you’ve walked each day.
● See the world: There are hundreds of the world’s most amazing places to visit with World Walking.
● Gain awards: There are 20 Awards to unlock! The more you walk, the more you receive.
● Share with friends: Push notifications keep you up-to-date on your group’s progress. Chat and share pictures with members of your groups.
World Walking was conceived by the Inverclyde Globetrotters and developed for them by Papertank Ltd., Square Brackets and Fergus Howe.
World walking is endorsed and supported by Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland, Awards for All Scotland and Paths for All.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.