METRO Trip description
METRO is the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, serving the Greater Houston, Texas region with safe, clean, reliable, accessible and friendly public transportation services.
The official METRO TRIP app is a personalized navigation tool that allows you to quickly and easily manage your trip on local bus or METRORail. It requires a cellular network or wireless connection.
By allowing the app to access your location, you’ll see:
• Nearby local bus and METRORail routes
• Actual arrival times for nearby buses
• Scheduled arrival time for nearby METRORail
The app also allows you to plan your trip so you can get step by step directions for how to go (using local bus or METRORail), how long it’s expected to take, and a link to the METRO Q Ticketing app where you can purchase a ticket to ride with a credit card, PayPal, Google Pay or Apple Pay.
As part of your trip planning, you can take advantage of the app’s unique My Stop Technology, a personal trip guide that uses Bluetooth to link your app to thousands of beacons in the METRO service area. They allow the app to deliver notifications or pulse vibrations when you’re approaching your:
• Starting a bus stop or rail platform
• Transfer point (if applicable)
• Destination bus stop or rail platform
Just plan your trip and watch or listen to your phone to monitor progress.
• Android phones running an OS of 5.0 and above. Up to 2 versions behind will be supported.
For assistance, please contact METRO Customer Service at 713-635-4000 or visit the website at RideMETRO.org