What is GrabTaxi?
GrabTaxi is a location based smartphone taxi booking and dispatching service. Our vision is to revamp the South East Asian taxi industry, making it a safer and more efficient means of transport we can all be proud of.
Why should I use GrabTaxi?
GrabTaxi improves the way passengers hail taxi drivers and the way taxi drivers look out for passengers. Our 3 unique selling points are:
1) Speed: GrabTaxi lets you find the taxi nearest you in less than a minute with just two taps! Waiting for your driver is also reduced as the algorithm in choosing the best driver for you is always the closest interested driver.
2) Safety: GrabTaxi provides you transparency in information of your taxi booking – driver’s name, plate number, phone number, and estimated fare. Track your driver as you wait for him and “share-your-ride” on Facebook, Twitter, email, or SMS so your loved ones are assured of your route and arrival!
3) Certainty: Just open the app and know how many taxis are near you. Subsequently, we provide you instant confirmation on the status of your booking!
How does GrabTaxi work?
Check out our video to know more: GrabTaxi: How It Works
How do I start making a booking?
What phones and OS are compatible with the app?
As long as you have either a Google Android, Apple iOS smartphone or tablet or Windows Phone, then you’re good to go!
I don’t have a smartphone. Can I still book?
Of course! Call our partner fleet instead in our individual cities instead:
- Kuala Lumpur: 1300 88 2667 (COOP) or 03 8024 2727 (Comfort) or 03 7805 5333 (Supercab)
- Manila: 642-3525; 641-4532; 640-2318; or txt 0939-1533495; 0927-8384833.
- Bangkok: 0-2424-2222 (HOWA)
Where is GrabTaxi available?
We have drivers everywhere around Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya / Cyberjaya, Seremban, Malacca, Johor Bahru, Singapore, Manila, Cebu and Bangkok! We plan to expand real fast, real soon, so just wait and see!
Why do I need to submit my phone number to register?
For first time users, we will be giving you an activation code to the number you’ve provided for us to ensure the authenticity of your number. This is also important for us or drivers to get in touch with you when picking you up.
How much does it cost?
Our drivers are trained to turn on the meter once the passenger is inside the taxi. All you have to pay is the metered fare and in some cities, an additional booking fee that is gazetted by the local land transport regulatory body.
Why is there a booking fee?
The reason for a booking fee is for drivers to be able to cover their expense in going to where you are. Remember, drivers only start their meters once you’re inside the taxi. In addition, we provide you speed, certainty, and safety. We will provide you the best taxi booking service in South East Asia and we promise to continuously serve you better every time.
I booked a taxi and my driver never arrived! What do I do?
We provide you with your driver’s information so feel free to call your designated driver. If any problems occur, email us at [email protected] and we will investigate this for you.